For those who spend the majority of their time running an outdoor event or market, investing in a retractable canopy is one of the most important decisions that can be made. A good canopy will ensure many years of service and protect you from the sun, rain, snow, and wind damage.
Choosing which type to invest in is not an easy task; there are so many different types on the market today – metal versus canvas; manual versus automatic, front-side versus back-side entry.
Canopies make for particularly good shelter at large outdoor events like food festivals, music concerts, and sporting events where you’ll need protection from elements for several hours at a time. They can also be used as stalls within markets or as a focal point for an outdoor seating or dining area.
When choosing the perfect canopy, there are a few factors you will need to consider:
– The Purpose of The Canopy: What will you be using it for? If you’re looking for protection from the sun and rain, then you’ll want to opt for a model with adequate shade and waterproofing capabilities. If you’re looking for something to use as a shelter at an outdoor event, then you’ll need to consider the wind speed and weight capacity of the canopy.
– The Size of The Canopy: How much space do you have to work with? Retractable canopies come in a range of sizes, so make sure to pick one that’s suitable for your intended usage – not too big, but not too small
– The Durability of The Canopy: Just like all other things in life, the better the quality is in a canopy, the longer it is likely to last. Although price can often be an indicator of product durability, there are some great mid-range options that will offer good durability without breaking your budget. Choose a fabric with high UV protection and an aluminum frame for maximum performance.
– Ease of Use & Assembly: Many people immediately think they cannot use or assemble a beautiful looking retractable canopy because they don’t know how to do it themselves (or feel they would need professional help). This does not have to be true! Ask about assembly before purchasing and find one that is easy enough for anyone to set up within minutes.
– The Weight of The Canopy: This may not be as important for some people, but for those who need to move their canopy around often, it is something to consider. Buying a model that is too heavy will only make life difficult, so be sure to pick something that is manageable in terms of weight.